|Standards Based Procedure for Portfolio Presentation Completion||Date Range||Date of Completion|
1. Provide Students with Syllabus, and Portfolio Checklist (what will be in Portfolio, and dates of portfolio presentations)
2. Provide Students with Portfolio Folders, dividers for sections, and have Portfolio Checklist stapled to the folder.
3.Teach students how to place and remove work from portfolio, where, when (during the class period) and how to access
4.Teach students the Sourcebook model and procedures you use, with focus on writing prompts and journal prompts, begin list of sourcebook entries on board or flip chart
5.Provide students with Annotated Bibliography for 25 Books
6. Provide students with GRASPS, Essential Questions, Rubric, Exemplar and due date for First Portfolio Project.
7. Teacher unwraps the standards for the project with the students.
8. Teach students how to assess the exemplar with the rubric, marking each section of the exemplar where the standard is met. Students become familiar with benchmark/exemplar portfolio products that meet the standards and discuss why they think they meet the standards.
9. The GRASP has been broken down into component parts to teach. Teacher identifies standard for first component part and teaches the standard, models first part of the GRASPS.
10. Students complete a draft in class of first part of GRASPS during workshop period, including revising and editing. Students peer edit, teacher moves around the class and assesses at the elbow. Students revise to standard.
|11. This process is repeated for each component part of the GRASPS.|
|12. Students submit final completed GRASPS, with each component part or draft, which have already been reviewed and revised.|
13. Teacher scores the project using the rubric and providing commentary, preferably on sticky notes. (some of the feedback has already been provided during the completion of each part of the GRASPS, so there should not be a need to correct as much in this review)
|14.Students are taught to prepare entry slip, entry slip is prepared in class for the first portfolio project|
15. On standard work is placed in the portfolio and on the bulletin board, work not on standard is revised to standard as homework, tutoring, or during differentiated workshop time.
|16. New Unit Begins, begin with Step 6, and follow steps 7 - 15 again.|
|17.New Unit begins, begin with Step 6 through 15 again|
18. All students have completed at least three authorized portfolio product with entry slips to present, and have selected one to present.
|19.Students are taught how to complete note cards, and use sticky notes to highlight where/how they the standards.|
20. All students have been taught to use the presentation rubric to prepare for presentations.
21. All students have been provided with higher order questions that will be asked in the panels.
22. Charts with panel name assignments have been posted.
23. Students have been taught their role on the panels.
|24. Students have had a portfolio presentation modeled for them in your class (fishbowl, using Portfolio Rubric). |
25.The language scaffold and other organizational aids have been used ONLY with Level 1 and SPED students.
|Ask for adult /teacher/administrator/outside panelists. |
|PORTFOLIO PRESENTATIONS |