Class of 2011 Accomplishments
The 98 members of the Class of 2011 were heavily recruited by universities across the country. Most of our seniors applied to and were accepted by multiple high-
• $2.1 million in merit scholarship offers were made.
• 86% of the class received merit scholarship awards.
• One out of five seniors were recognized by the National Merit Scholarship program.
• Thirteen colleges and universities offered Summit seniors a fully-
• Among the individual awards our seniors earned were the prestigious Wake Forest University’s Carswell Scholarship, Northeastern University’s Presidential Global Studies Scholarship, Miami University’s Harrison Scholarship, University of Cincinnati Cincinnatus Presidential Scholarship, University of Louisville’s Trustees Academic Scholarship and the Presidential Merit Scholarship at the University of Alabama.
• Among the campuses where our students enrolled are American University, Boston University, Carnegie Mellon, Case Western, University of Chicago, Colgate, Columbia, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Haverford, Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business, Johns Hopkins, Purdue, Savannah School of Art and Design, Tufts, University of Virginia, Villanova, Wake Forest, Washington University and Williams.
• More than one-
• Our many college-
• One out of five seniors were recognized by the National Merit Scholarship program. Eight were named National Merit finalists, one was a semi-
• About 10% will compete in collegiate athletics, including one in Division I football.
• Five seniors were named Academic All-
• One senior was a double state champion in Cross Country and the 3,200-
• 13,802 hours of community service were logged during their senior year, averaging 140 hours per student.
100% of the senior class applied for college
100% of those applicants were accepted in at least one college or university
96.84% were accepted by colleges that were their first or second choice
Among the schools accepting graduates of the Class of 2009 are:
Class of 2010 College Acceptances
The following is a list of colleges to which our Class of 2010 were admitted. An asterisk denotes colleges with a least one graduate attending.
Allegany College of Maryland
Art Institute of Washington
Catholic University of America
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
College of Notre Dame of Maryland
Community College of Allegheny County
Delaware State University
Fayetteville State University
Frostburg State University
George Mason University
George Washington University
Indiana State University
Johnson & Wales University (Charlotte)
Kansas State University
Kent State University
Morgan State University
North Carolina A and T State University
Northern Virginia Community College
Mary Baldwin College
Oklahoma State University
Pennsylvania State University (Mont Alto)
Pennsylvania State University (University Park)
Piedmont Community College
Prince Georges Community College
Rochester Institute of Technology
Sewanee The University of the South
Slippery Rock University
St Johns University
St Marys College of Maryland
University of the District of Columbia Community College
University of Baltimore
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
University of the District of Columbia
University of Wisconsin Madison
Valencia Community College
Washington Adventist University
West Virginia University